Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Board Game Madness 4/25

Smaller edition due to work obligations.

Courtesy of Board Game News, how to choose the perfect board game:


Fun:

New Games:
  • Archipels: An area control, resource management game where the European powers are exploring the Carribbean. Everyone has a secret objective that can enable them to win the game. Your job is to meet yours while trying to guess and thwart your opponents. Note that the objectives have options to vary the length of play also. Release date: Unknown
  • New releases: Sidibaba, BASKETmind

News:

Recently Played:
  • Went old school and played some Spades and Gin Rummy this week with the Mrs. My wife set me in Spades in the first 3 hands and was up 370 points in that game. I almost came back too, but she shut me down hard with two more sets at the end. It was ugly.
  • Had my Blood Bowl league meet on Saturday. One horrific game where my beloved Necro fell in an interdivisional match 0-3 to an Amazon team. I rebounded though winning a divisional match 4-0 against Chaos and even had a kill (raised by the Necromancer of course!). I’m currently in 1st place in my division with 2 tough games to go.
  • Bought Leader 1 this weekend at The Game Table, but there’s a concept with the Peloton that doesn’t seem to be working. I’m sure we’re doing something wrong. Need to research it…
  • Core Worlds with friends, I do like the three player format. But my friend JC won as he always does…
  • Lots of gaming with the family: Lost Cities, Core Worlds, Ubongo: Duel (I’m REALLY bad at this!) Tien Zi Que (this too) and Race for the Galaxy (vindication!)

Happy Gaming!

Credits: BGG, Dice Tower News


No comments:

Post a Comment