Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Board Game Madness 4/10

Happy Passover and Easter!

Fun:
  • Geek Madness is about to end and as of 11am 4/10, Power Grid is trailing Agricola in the finals by 38 votes
  • Now this is someone who knows how to put away their game!
  • I’m thinking the next navigation system I get will have a Carcassonne plug-in
  • Yeah, that’s it. Next board game party, we should dress for our games! (I’ll get kicked out of the group…)
  • Somehow Cave Evil slipped by my game-dar. But these minis are awesome!
  • Want a look at Star Trek Catan? How about the trekkies who are playing it?
  • Pimp My Game: I’ve seen painted cars for Formula D, but this is by far the best. These too from the same artist.
  • Pimp My Game II: Outstanding painting job on Wrath of Ashardalon. Painted minis always make a game better, right?
  • Pimp My Game III: Same as above, but for HeroQuest. I have to say, this would turn my head to play this game. Even if it might be collectible.
  • Meeple eggs for Easter!
  • Interesting read on how to get the women in your life into gaming. I think he’s oversimplifying, but it was interesting putting it in the light of the games of Core Worlds I’ve had recently with my wife. Yeah, she hasn’t seemed to enjoy these so much. Although she keeps suggesting it. By the way, my favorite is Ryan Moses’s reply about ¼ of the way down the page.
  • It’s blocked where I am right now, but just the subject is worth posting, so I’ll have to check it out later: Cracked’s 9 Most Insane Board Games of All Time
  • Interesting short read on the possibilities with gaming and Project Glass from Google

New Games

iOS
  • Blokus is free on iTunes for a limited time
  • Nightfall has been released
  • Masters Gallery (new art for Modern Art) hoped for April
  • Fealty released
  • Gobang Social released
  • MindFeud (Qwirkle knockoff) released
  • Magic: the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 announced in addition to PS3, Xbox and PC. Date TBD

News:
  • There will be a Quarriors! World Championship at GenCon 2012
  • TableTop, the Wil Wheaton board gaming video I told you about took in over a quarter of a million views in just a couple of days according to Board Game News
  • GameSalute is now offering the chance to be a demo monkey and earn store credit, t-shirts, con badges and possibly even travel/lodging expenses if you demo games at the major conventions.

Happy Gaming!


No comments:

Post a Comment