Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Board Game Madness 4/17

Happy Tax Day!

Fun:
  • Pimp My Game: Settlers with 3D components (not the 3D version)
  • Pimp My Game II: Merchant of Venus (original version) with custom ships
  • Pimp My Game III: Absolutely gorgeous 3D set of Notre Dame
  • Now this is someone who takes his wargaming seriously – mounting the map to the wall!
  • Some say that drinking and gaming is dangerous. But then again, in some cases it just makes sense…
  • The Dice Tower Awards nominees have been announced for 2011. Nominees are below:
o   Many more awards…

New Games:
  • Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small: This is a 2-player standalone game in the “Agricola universe” that is much shorter. You are the farmer and you concentrate on breeding animals. You grow your parcels of land and build new infrastructures to help your herd grow. Release date in US is June (this month in Germany)
  • Ground Floor: I try not to pimp Kickstarter projects because, as I’ve previously written, I’m a skeptical of the paradigm and would like to see it stop. Regardless, I had to mention this game because I like Tasty Minstrel and I also “love” the fact that they’ve made a board game out of our jobs. So I get home from a long day at work and play at my job. Anyway, you are an entrepreneur/manager and want to run the most successful business. Resources in this game are money and staff and your constraint is time. Sorry, slipped into work-speak. Release October, pending funding.

iOS:
  • Rivals for Catan (new implementation of Settlers 2p card game) coming “soon”
  • A Brief History of the World release in June
  • Yggdrasil release in May
  • Cutthroat Caverns digital version announced

Recently Played:

No comments:

Post a Comment