Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Board Game Madness 5/22

Fun:
  • There’s no way the dark side would have lost on Hoth had they had deployed this ultra-secret weapon
  • Pimp my… er… home? A coaster set for Settlers of Catan
  • A teacher on BGG taught a bunch of 13-year-olds how to design strategy games. He’s posted the designs on BGG for feedback from the community. It’s pretty amazing what some kids came up with.
  • A nice pictorial timeline of the history of dice

New Games:

iOS:
  • Scotland Yard released
  • Neuroshima Hex updated with asynchronous multiplayer
  • Cities and Knights of Catan in final beta
  • Console gaming (not iOS) – the board game Dungeon Twister is coming to the PS3

News:

Recently played:
  • The Long Island Blood Bowl League is rounding down season 2 and my beloved Necromantic team the Death Rockers took a loss that didn’t seem to matter as I’ve wrapped up my division and am solidly the 4th seed going into the playoffs. One more game to go, and if I lose it to a divisional rival I could actually go into the playoffs with a losing record (how embarrassing!). But for a first season Necro team, I’m pretty pleased with how they’re doing. A few strategic cuts of some niggling injuries after the season and I’ll be primed for a second season run.
  • Got a game of Core Worlds in the other night with my wife and a friend. I tried a different strategy and ended up taking 4 core worlds. The looks from my wife I got might have been considered a request for separate living quarters, but it was worth it! I got 49 points.
  • The same friend and I played a couple of games of Quarriors! with my son

Happy gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment