Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Board Game Madness 11/22

BGM will not be out next week, or will at least be delayed as I have a minor surgical procedure on my shoulder. If it comes out will fully depend on how loopy I am from the pain meds…

Fun:
  • CONTEST: North Star Games (makers of Say Anything) is running a contest to win a free iPad. Go through the BGG page for the rules. Make sure you tell them I sent you so I can get a free game if you win (which will mean that I will have to play the game with you first of course!) 
  • “So I go the table to play a game of Merchants and Marauders and you’ll never believe the skullduggery I encountered! This guy parroted every action I made and then stole my loot!!! 
  • Have to show this to my son – Lego Chess 
  • Awesome geeklist called “Games Where Some Guy Just Totally Flipped Out” with great anecdotes
  • From the This is Totally Wrong department, we have a mock ad for My Little Pony Hide & Seek 
  • The BoardGameGeek Golden Geek Winners were announced with game of the year honors going to Dominant Species (oh my God, NOT 7 Wonders!!! (although that did win best card and family game)
New Games:
  • Innovation: Figures in the Sand: New expansion for Innovation that brings in people civilization moods. Due out August 2012 
  • Article 27: The UN Security Council Game: Negotiation game a la Diplomacy where every player takes a shot at being the Security General and leads negotiations over five issues. Looks interesting. Release unknown.
iOS:
Happy gaming and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment